In this free webinar, American Mussar Founder Greg Marcus explains the history and goals of Mussar, and how American Mussar makes this ancient Jewish spiritual practice accessible to people with any level of Jewish education.
A Note From Greg
If you are like most people, who may have heard of Mussar, but aren’t really sure what it is all about, you’ve come to the right place. If you are one of the small percentage of people who is very experienced with Mussar, you are welcome as well but honestly this may not be the right webinar for you.
Mussar, a 1000 year old Jewish spiritual practice that gives guidance for an everyday life filled with kindness, self-reflection, and awe. I founded American Mussar to help make Mussar accessible to anyone with an open heart looking for personal transformation or a new window on Jewishness.
Mussar helped me discover that my workaholism was grounded in low self-esteem, and gave me tools and a path towards healing and a better life. I founded American Mussar to bring an open and innovative framework to this wonderful practice. My hand is out with an invitation for you to join me. This free webinar is the first step.
Introduction To American Mussar Part 1 is for people who are:
- On a transformational journey and want to explore another approach to spirituality that can complement what they are already doing.
- Looking for an aspect of Jewishness that is applicable to everyday life and accessible for those without a Jewish education
- Eager to recharge their connection to Mussar practice, or have heard of Mussar but don’t really know anything about it
Date & Time & Cost
By registering below, you can access the video recording of the workshop, which took place May 16th from 6 to 7 PM Pacific time.
The Introduction to American Mussar Part 1 is free.
Note that the Introduction to American Mussar Part 2 will take place on May 30th from 6 to 7:30 PM pacific time. Enrollment will be limited to 15 people, and the cost will be $18.
The Introduction To American Mussar Webinar will include:
- The difference between character development (Mussar) and following rules (the Mitzvot)
- A brief history of Mussar from the bible through today
- Four assumptions that cover the entire Jewish backstory which allow you to start even if you know nothing
- Using the Soul Trait Quiz to find your keystone soul traits (character traits)
- Soul Trait Profile case study (from a volunteer on the webinar!)
- And more
Introduction to American Mussar is a Two Part Workshop
Sign up below for the Introduction to American Mussar Part I. This free webinar will bring you up to speed on the American Mussar approach. It will draw from the first four chapters of The Spiritual Practice of Good Actions: Finding Balance Through the Soul Traits of Mussar.
Introduction to American Mussar Part II will take place on May 30th from 6 to 7:30 PM. This highly participatory session will offer an opportunity to engage with Mussar texts as they relate to your life today. Enrollment will be limited to 15 people, and Part II will cost $18. More Info